Put the spotlight on your dazzling Power BI skills! Create a stellar demo video and enter* it into our contest between November 6 and January 15 for the chance to win an Xbox One console, a Surface Pro 2 or a PASS BAC 2014 VIP experience.
• Your video must be 3 to 10 minutes in length.
• Use Excel with Power BI for Office 365 to discover data, visualize insights, and build your demo.
• Highlight one or more Power BI features, which include, but are not limited to Power Map, Power View, **Q&A, and/or Mobile BI.
To participate, you'll need to sign-up for the Power BI for Office 365 Preview.
We recommend using public data sources for your demo, check out the list of sources.
Now that you have the tools and data, start planning out your demo.
* No purchase necessary. Open only to IT Pros and Enthusiasts. Entries due 4:59 PM PT January 15, 2014. See Official Contest Rules for full details.
To be eligible for judging an entry must meet the following content / technical requirements:
• The video be at least 3 and no more than 10 minutes in length and
• the video must be your own original work; and
• The video must be submitted in one of the following formats: MOV, MPEG, MPG, MP4, M4V, VOB, FLV, AVI, ASF, DIVX, or WMV (For best results, 16 x 9 aspect ratio at 720p); and
• The video cannot exceed 500 MBfile size; and
• The video must be in English or be accompanied by English subtitles; and
• You must have obtained any and all consents, approvals or licenses required (including any personality or publicity rights of any recognizable person) for you to submit your Entry; and
• Your Entry may not include any third party trademarks (logos, names) or copyrighted materials (music, images, video, recognizable people) unless you have obtained permission to use the materials. You may include Microsoft trademarks, logos, and designs, for which Microsoft grants you a limited license to use for the sole purposes of submitting an Entry into this Contest.
We are not responsible for Entries that we do not receive for any reason, or for Entries that we receive but are not decipherable for any reason.
We will automatically disqualify:
• Any incomplete or illegible Entry; and
• Any Entry that contains Inappropriate content (sexual, violent, derogatory, offensive, disparaging, or otherwise presents Microsoft in a poor light); and
• Any Entries that we receive from you that are in excess of the Entry limit described above.
We reserve the right to reject any Entry, in our sole and absolute discretion, that we determine does not meet the above criteria.
|Round name||Starts on||Ends on|
|Submission round||November 6, 2013 @ 9:01 AM (PST)||January 15, 2014 @ 4:59 PM (PST)|
|Voting round||January 20, 2014 @ 9:01 AM (PST)||January 30, 2014 @ 4:59 PM (PST)|
|Semifinalist Judging round||February 1, 2014 @ 9:01 AM (PST)||February 15, 2014 @ 4:59 PM (PST)|
|Finalist Judging round||February 15, 2014 @ 9:01 AM (PST)||March 1, 2014 @ 4:59 PM (PST)|